To help keep your skin looking and feeling radiant, youthful and healthy you need to have a good daily skin care routine.
Firstly you need to identify your skin type. Once you have discovered your skin type, choose products that have been formulated for your skin. Cosmeceuticals products combine the power of cosmetics and medication to address all skin concerns (pigmentation, sun damage, pollution, loss of vitality, tone and firmness) and to improve the health and appearance of aging skin.
A Skincare regime for all skin types
Step 1 - Cleanse
The first and most important step in any skin care regime is cleansing. Cleansers are a must in order to clean your face at the end of each day, as your face is exposed to dust, pollution, smoke, and other factors that we encounter during the day. A cleanser will remove all impurities leaving your face clean and fresh again, gently exfoliating the skin to remove the dead skin cells, which can block your pores and lead to blackheads. Products which contain AHAs (alpha hydroxyl acids), such as glycolic acid and BHAs (beta hydroxyl acid) such as salicylic acid, will help to increase skin exfoliation to get rid of skin cells, making the skin appear smoother and feel softer.
Step 2 - Prevent (Antioxidants)
Extrinsic aging results from environmental factors, such as sun exposure, gravity, sleep habits and smoking & UV damage. The key effective ingredient is Vitamin C (antioxidants) it boosts collagen production and helps repair and improves the skin while protecting it from future damage.
Step 3 - Correct/Treat
Step 4 - Moisturise/Hydrate
Appropriate moisturisation is another essential for healthy and younger-looking skin. A moisturiser provides a protective film to prevent the effect of drying, chapping and roughening caused by the weather, central heating and pollution. At the same time some of the ingredients will be absorbed into the outer layers of the skin providing nourishment, hydration and therapeutic effects. All skin types need a moisturiser. Dry, normal and oily skin are all affected by wind and weather. Dry skin in particular quickly becomes tight and flaky, chapping and reddening easily in winter and looking prematurely old.
Step 5 - Protect
Ultraviolet light, both UVB and UVA, is responsible for 80 percent of the lifetime esthetic damage to our skin that we see as a roughened, leathery texture, warty-looking keratoses, loss of tone, mottled discolorations and “liver spots,” sallowness of complexion, wrinkles and sagging and “broken” blood vessels! So, every healthy skin care regime must include measures to prevent the short and long-term effects of sun exposure. Theses involve the daily use of sunscreens with an SPF factor of at least 20.
Regular use of Home use microdermabrasion & peels/masks (1-2 times a week)helps exfoliate the skin, to remove dead skin cells, oils and other debris that clog pores and lead to dull complexions and blemished skin.
How to apply Cosmeceutical skincare products
Cosmeceutical products are very much more effective than ordinary “High Street” products, which means that only a very small amount of product is required. This means they last longer than beauty products, so therfore better value for money.
Applying too much of a Cosmeceutical product will not make it work any better. You may even cause irritation by applying too much product. Many serum products come with a dispensing pipette, and just 2/ 3 drops of a product is more than enough for applying to the entire face. Products that are creams or lotions only require a small amount, about the size of a small pea.
It has been said that you need to start young with a good skin care regime, but in reality you can start at any time. You do need to recognise that the regime must be carried through and with continued use - it is not a quick fix. So make sure you give the product enough time to work, particularly if you have a lot of sun damage. You may need three to six months before seeing improvement.
Ageing can be delayed or even reversed with a natural approach that includes optimal diet, lifestyle and product choices.
To look good, you have to work at it.
RRP - £35.00
- Contains Glycolic Acid, a natural exfoliant
- Non-irritating, soap free
- Encourages a soft, smoother and more refined skin texture
- Suitable for all skin types
- Deep cleanses without drying
- Diminish pore size
- Reduces acne breakouts
- Softens and smoothes
- Gently removes dead skin cells
- Effectively removes makeup
- Suitable for All skin types
- Lightweight, fast-absorbing serum
- powerful antioxidant
- helps prevent premature signs of aging
- suitable for sensitive skin.
- A powerful antioxidant protection
- Reduces redness & Inflammation
- Offers soothing and healing relief
- Use daily when inflammation is present in place of Super Serum
- A must for Acne & Rosacea sufferers.
Only available for sale to customers living in the UK and Ireland
•New packaging, same formula
• Skin in need of an effective depigmenting serum
•People who are concerned with any type of hyperpigmentation
•Skin in need of for a more even skin tone
•For all skin types
To visibly improve the appearance of skin discoloration associated with age spots, acne scarring and sun damage.
DermaTx Clarify Cleanser was awarded The WINNER for Best New Facial Product at The Beauty Awards 2018 with OK!
Deep purifying cleansing gel formulated with acne-fighting 2% Salicylic Acid. Exfoliates the skin to unclog pores, helping to control acne and prevent future breakouts. designed for acne, oily skin and enlarged pores
- Reduces Hyperpigmentation
- Helps to treat Acne prone skin
- Reduces pore size
- Diminishes, fine lines and wrinkles
- Improves skintone & texture
Only available for sale to customers living in the UK and Ireland
- Previously known as Red Alert
- New Packaging, Same Formula
- Intensive, calming relief for redness and flare-ups
- Stimulates healing of the inner epidermis to prevent future irritation
- Fragrance-free, no parabens
- Suitable for hyper-sensitive and erythematous skin types.
•Reduces the appearance of redness and flushing by up to 30%
•Helps to improve skin smoothness by more than 55%
•Helps to enhance radiance by more than 30%
•High performance formulation tested on sensitive skin.
•Non comedogenic treatment that is free from parabens, fragrances, dyes and alcohol.
- Powerful Hydrating benefits
- Clinically proven to increase collagen production
- Firms, smoothes & tightens skin
- Potent Antioxidant protection
- Anti-aging and hydrating All in One
RRP £ 78.00
- Superb moisturising base
- Includes added anti-aging agents
- Encourages a refined, smoother-looking skin texture
- Suitable for dry, normal and combination skin.
- Oil free sunscreen
- Recommended for sensitive and acne prone skin.
- Unique dry touch, matte finish
- Paraben free
- Dermatologically tested
- 100% Mineral-filter formulation
- Designed for sensitive, intolerant skin;
-No whitening effect