Polyhydroxy acids (PHAs)
Polyhydroxy acids (PHAs), such as gluconolactone and lactobionic acid, are very similar to Alpha Hydroxy acids (AHA’s) for it’s anti-aging effects to the skin (exfoliation & hydration). They are highly moisturising exfoliants and are typically gentler on the skin & less irritating,so ideal for sensitive or dry skin types.
The significant difference between PHA’s and AHA’s is that Alpha hydroxy is a single strand molecule allowing for quick penetration into the skin.
Poly hydroxy is a multiple strand molecule due to the larger size skin penetration is slower, gentler absorption rate, reducing any side effects such as stinging or irritation. For this reason, PHAs offer a distinct advantage over conventional AHAs (glycolic acid and lactic acid) when used on sensitive skin, such as rosacea, atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, ichthyosis, keratosis pilaris and eczema.
In addition to exfoliating and hydrating benefits, PHA offers antioxidant properties to block oxygen free-radical induced tissue damage, so therefore preventing photoaging and no increase in sun sensitivity.
Click here for more information about Polyhydroxy acids (PHAs)
Listed below are products that contain Polyhydroxy acids(PHA's)
- Intensive daily-use treatment serum for all skin types
- reduces the appearance of fine lines, pore size,and hyperpigmentation
- contains Retinol (Vitamin A), Vitamin C, Vitamin E.
- Deep pore cleansing
- Dissolves impurities
- Reduces bacteria that can worsen acne or rosacea
- Ideal for Normal to oily skin Problematic skin conditions such as blemishes or rosacea
- Soap-free, hypoallergenic facial cleanser
- gently exfoliates without drying the skin
- removes make up
- ideal for all skin types, including sensitive .
- Oil free, lightweight antioxidant moisturiser
- provides broad-spectrum (UVA/UVB) sun protection
- contains 8% Gluconolactone, 2% Lactobionic acid and Vitamin E
- suitable for all skin types.
- Lightweight mattifying gel
- helps to minimize oil and control shine
- creates a velvety matte finish on the skin
- contains 4% Gluconolactone and 4% Mandelic acid.
- Great as a primer for acne /oily skin types
- Light weight hydration and sun protection
- provides UVA/UVB sun protection
- perfect for use in hot, humid climates
- Ideal for aging and oily or acne prone skin
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and sun damage
- contains 12% gluconolactone,1% pro-retinol and vitamin E
- suitable for dry, damaged and mature skin.
- Emollient cream
- gently exfoliates and moisturises the skin
- contains 10% PHA (gluconolactone)
- suitable for sensitive skin, rosacea and first-time AHA users.
- Provides long-lasting hydration
- reduces the visible signs of aging
- contains 15% PHA (gluconolactone)
- ideal for rosacea, dry and sensitive skin types and skin intolerant to AHA's.